- Background Paper on Judicial Conduct
- The Conduct of Judges and the Role of the Canadian Judicial Council (PDF). This booklet describes the role of the Canadian Judicial Council when a judge’s conduct inside or outside the courtroom falls short of our expectations.
- Ethical Principles for Judges (PDF). This publication provides ethical guidance for federally appointed judges. It describes the necessary principles of judicial independence, integrity, diligence, equality, and impartiality.
- Model Policy on Equality within the Court (PDF). Adopted by the Canadian Judicial Council in 1998, the policy sets out principles for provincial chief justices in allocating work to judges.
- Handbook Of Practice And Procedure of CJC Inquiry Committees